Join us at NECTAR Restaurant and Lounge for a celebration and tasting of Pennsylvania's top 10 wines as judged by a panel of nine sommeliers in the region!
Tickets are $65/person inclusive of wine and a paired tasting menu from chef Patrick Feury. All are welcome and encouraged to attend the event and see what the state of PA is offering. Reservations are suggested, but not required, and tickets can be purchased at the door.
In April, the Pennsylvania Winery Association invit...ed wineries from across the state to submit locally grown and produced vinifera wines for blind judgement by a panel of nine sommeliers in the region. For the first time, Pennsylvania's winemakers have had top sommeliers judging their wines, rather than a standard competition panel. The top varietals that the panel chose include Cabernet Franc, Albariño, Riesling, and Grüner Veltliner. The wines selected as Best of State, Best Red, and Best White will be announced at the event.
The nine wineries who produced the top 10 PA wines, located across the state are:
- Briar Valley Winery - Bedford, PA
- Chaddsford Winery - Chadds Ford, PA
- Fero Vineyards And Winery - Lewisberg, PA
- Maple Springs Vineyard - Bechtelsville, PA
- Nimble Hill Vineyard & Winery - Tunkhannock, PA
- Rushland Ridge Vineyards & Winery - Rushland, PA
- South Shore Wine Company / Mazza Wines - North East, PA
- Tolino Vineyards - Bangor, PA
- The Vineyard at Grandview - Mount Joy, PA
Below is Chef Feury's tasting menu he has prepared to pair with the featured wine:
- Foie Gras on toast with apricot
- Ramp and yellow springs goat cheese quiche
- Warm cheese gougeres
- PeeKee toe fritters
- Fried Sex on the Bay oysters with a seeweed salad
- Tea smoked duck breast with true leaf greens
- House smoked salmon with crème friache
- Spicy seared tuna canapé
- A yellow springs farm cheese table hosted by proprietors and cheese makers Al and Catherine Renzi
Our updates are written by everyone that works at Nimble Hill Brewery! So dive in and get to know us!